Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hard to get relieved - Part I

Hi

I was working in the current organization around 4 years, I realized that its enough here, now its time for me to take a break from this organization and seek for a new opportunity and start a new career path from there,fortunately I got a break (not a big break) so time to say adios to my company (nothing is permanent) now the real drama started, this is the main twist for the drama : as per current company norms I've to give 8 weeks notice period which is very difficult in USA (ఎ౦దుక౦టే మన కోసమ్ 8 వారాలు కాచుకూర్చెనె౦త టాల౦ట్ మన దగ్గర లేదు ;) )

Stage 1:

I've sent my resignation to my manager(s) and gave for 3.5 weeks notice

Day1: I didn't get any response, I guess they didn't expected that I'll resign (that was my assumption I may be wrong)

Day2: I again sent a mail asking for my replacement for knowledge transition (మనకె ఏమి లేదు మనమేమిస్తామ్, కాని రూల్స్ కదా :) ), now the action started first manager (M) called and asked for the reason (but he knows already about this as he encouraged me a lot to do this (ఈడిది చాల పెద్ద కథ ఉ ౦దిలే అది చెప్పల౦టే రోజులు సరిపోవు, కాబట్టి వదిలేద్దమ్ మన స౦గతి మాత్ర౦ చూద్దా౦) just formal talk which is official (wink) some husk for some time then end of the discussion

Day 3(Big Day) : Main Manager (MM) called (చాలా చాలా తెలివైన వాడు పెద్ద ముదురు) first question: reason for leaving: If I say  career growth that wont be true as I got a good chance (though team was bad, not much support struggled a lot, but I got reorganization like he can handle difficult situations and deliver things on time) so straight answer financial reasons, which they cant satisfy they themselves know that (commerciale కదా అ౦తా), main twist: ok after 45 min discussion final conclusion : you wont get any of required docs from this organization as you are not giving 8 weeks notice which you ought to give so think and get back to us call ended

two days gap then weekend so after 4 days again discussion started

MM pinged me in the IM any updates, I told not as of but I can extend one more week, first and last time he came down in his words (summarization) : see boss already people are leaving my self and M are in trouble because of this so if you can give us 6 weeks notice we'll try to relieve you properly with all required documents.

End of Stage 1.

Stage 2 continues.....

No comments: